Countdown to Austin Marathon

Countdown to Austin Marathon

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Update 9/17 No Garmin for the long run, and Hill repeats

I forgot to charge my Garmin and now I have no proof that I ran 10 miles on Saturday, what am I going to do?????  Oh yeah I am going to run 10 miles again next week, it will all be okay.  I am not sure I liked the naked feeling of running without any knowledge of how far or long I had ran.  It may not have been so bad had the Garmin not still been strapped onto my wrist making snide comments about how I forgot to charge the damn thing.  Hopefully I will charge it from now on.

So this week on our training schedule we had hill training scheduled for Tuesday.  I, in my infinite wisdom, figured this would be a piece of cake since I run hills everyday in my neighborhood.  BOY WAS I WRONG.  I ran eight hill repeats on what I heard others call, the hill from hell, and it was all I could do to keep everything I had eaten that day inside my body. 

Hill from hell

After completing the hill repeats I had to take Brock to batting practice, so no ice bath.  This as I found out the next day was a big mistake.  My legs were very sore and I was sure my tempo run scheduled for Thursday was not going to go well.

  10/11   4.51 miles    47:08
  10/12   2.61 miles    39:37 <- Hill repeats
  10/14   3.89 miles    35:02
  10/16 10.00 miles 1:35:00 <- approx: no garmin
            21.01 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment